Friday, July 25, 2008

Rangers

Well, I've wanted to post this since the CJ pitch on the 23rd and now here it is.....

"I wish I had a CJ Wilson Bobblehead that was given out on the 16th of May (yes, I have no idea why they picked him). It would have been fun to slam the head of the bobblehead many times against my desk, being at work. This game was a classic example of over coaching. Why do we have to change pitchers? When a pitcher is doing well, don't take him out. Keep him going until he starts to wear down a bit, or gives up a hit or walk (starts to get into a little trouble) at least. No in today's baseball we have pitchers with "roles". These unwritten rules seem to hurt teams the majority of the time, more then help. I wish I could see more pitchers getting complete games and less of this nonsense I'm seeing now. I guess this is the tipping point for the Rangers for this year. I think this game is the monumental game that says....not this year....start working for next year. Man, I wish this team had better luck with pitching. Put a couple of good starting pitchers on this team and oh a real closer and the Rangers would be contenders. Maybe it is time to unload a catcher like Salty to a team in need, like the Yankees, and see if we can get some good pitching prospects. I'm holding my breath that Hank will stay health and do enough to up his value again and maybe we can get some pitching for him as well. Maybe, just, maybe, we'll get lucky with some of these young pitchers and be able to solidify this team and maybe actually see them play in October. I hope someday in my lifetime, I'll get to see them win a World Series. I think they are so close, if they could just get their pitching in line. The offense is amazing. Maybe next year...."

No comments: